Michaan’s Auctions is seeking a Furniture and Decorative Arts Generalist who will focus on building long-term relationships with private collectors, institutions and industry clients. The goal of this position is to grow Michaan’s business in American and European Furniture and Decorative art by obtaining consignments for auction to meet and exceed annual sale goals. The position reports to the Vice President.
- Act as the senior contact for client inquiries regarding appraisal services, consignments, and auction, explaining the auction process
- Proactively develop new opportunities to grow transaction volume on both the consignments and buyer sides of the department
- Research and catalogue property for auction; assign auction estimates; and, evaluate property for IRS (estate tax, gift tax, donation, etc.) and insurance appraisals
- Collaborate with other Michaan’s departments to develop strategies for reaching new consignors and ensuring seamless client service
- Work with other Michaan’s specialists to promote the auction by helping clients at auction previews, conferring with clients about the property; developing, tracking and communicating client interest in lots and executing bids at auction
- Liaise with Michaan's marketing communications and public relations
Successful candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the auction or gallery setting
- Expertise in American and European Furniture and Decorative Arts, 20th Century Design and Silver
- Strong sense of professionalism; excellent communication and client service skills
- Proven ability to initiate new business
Compensation is market-based and commensurate with the candidate's experience.
If you are interested in this position please email your cover letter, and/or resume to:
Please use the job title that you are responding to as your e-mail title. Any responses without resumes will not be responded to, please be sure to attach a copy your resume.