Michaan’s Auctions is seeking a Specialist for the Asian Works of Art department. We are in need of a Specialist to assist in providing curatorial and business development for the Asian Art Department. We are seeking a personable, detail-oriented individual who has the knowledge and skills to further the growth of this important area.
- Provide pre-auction support, including appraisals, inventory preparation, cataloging, and photography assistance as required
- Develop and execute plans for new business in conjunction with department team
- Liaise with Michaan's marketing communications and public relations
- Coordinate with Michaan’s inventory and production departments
- Receive inquiries for auction, consignment and appraisals services
The successful candidate should possess a minimum of 3–5 years experience in appraising Asian antiques in an auction house, gallery, museum or related field. Computer proficiency, attention to detail, aesthetic sense, can-do attitude, ability to juggle multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines, and work collaboratively as a team member a must. Knowledge of auction house software and systems a plus. Knowledge of the Mandarin language preferred.
Compensation is market-based and commensurate with the candidate's experience.
If you are interested in this position please email your cover letter, and/or resume to:
Please use the job title that you are responding to as your e-mail title. Any responses without resumes will not be responded to, please be sure to attach a copy your resume.