Michaan's Auctions is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and detail-oriented Inventory Controller to assist with inventory management, cataloging and showroom setup.
- Serve as the main contact person in communications with clients regarding the drop off or pick up of property. Responsible for receiving all incoming consignments.
- Understand, maintain and utilize the internal inventory system in order to ensure that all property is accounted for at all times.
- Physically unpack property, tag property utilizing the internal inventory system, safely move property and properly store property.
- Research and write catalog descriptions for various types of property including but not limited to: fine art, furniture, collectibles, household items, etc.
- Generate auction estimates for various types of property including but not limited to: fine art, furniture, collectibles, household items, etc.
- Hand write inventory listings so that they can be entered into the internal inventory system or directly input inventory listing data into the Filemaker system. Attend and work during the Annex Auctions, held every month.
- Preview staff assistance: assist potential buyers during auction previews, as needed.
- Ensure the safe delivery of property to both buyers and consignors.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Strong work ethic, flexibility and dedication
- Outstanding organizational, communication and time-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to handle high-value property responsibly and respectfully
- Self-motivator who can work independently and as part of a team to solve problems
- Ability to lift and move heavy property (at least 20 lbs)
- Requires physical work; lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling, reaching and grasping required of objects over 20 pounds.
- Standing and walking for 6+ hours each day.
- Walking on uneven surfaces, crouching, kneeling or crawling, grasping, squeezing and fine manipulation.
- Availability to work some nights, weekends and holidays
- Degree with a focus in Art History, or strong interest in Art History
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of various forms of antiques, fine art, collectibles, etc.
- Previous warehouse experience
- Previous experience with inventory processing
Compensation is market-based and commensurate with the candidate's experience.
If you are interested in this position please email your cover letter, and/or resume to:
Please use the job title that you are responding to as your e-mail title. Any responses without resumes will not be responded to, please be sure to attach a copy your resume.