One of Michaan’s Auctions most recent sale category additions is in fine and collectible coins, stamps and ephemera from around the world. Offerings of Chinese and U.S. coins and stamps are often well received in monthly estate auctions, with paper money and novelty ephemera periodically appearing on the auction block. Michaan’s first ever stand-alone coin auction was held on March 6, 2015 to decidedly successful results. The 325 lot auction of rare U.S. coins from the estate of Barbara Riggins broke the $600,000 mark, producing many fruitful sales. The undisputed leader was lot number 1012, a U.S. 1875 $20.00 MS64 Liberty Head gold coin that realized a price of over three times the given estimation at $38,940 ($10,000-12,000). The combination of the private collection’s rarity and grading undoubtedly helped the auction achieve its bottom line, while making an impression on bidders from industry dealers to general collectors.
Michaan’s coin, stamp and ephemera collections are offered in monthly Gallery Auctions as well as in regularly scheduled Annex Auctions. Designated stand-alone auctions will be announced.
- Coins, Stamps and Ephemera
- Michael Rosenberg
- (510) 227-2502
- Gallery Auction (September 9)
- Property Deadline: August 11, 2017
- Gallery Auction (October 7)
- Property Deadline: September 15, 2017
- Gallery Auction (November 11)
- Property Deadline: October 13, 2017
- Gallery Auction (December 9)
- Property Deadline: November 10, 2017